Need a little input. A friend lost her husband last spring in a car accident and has decided to a have a farm auction to get rid of all the equipment and trucks. Jack was a bit like me and couldn't help buying old trucks from everyone else. I don't know about some of these, and I was hoping someone could give us some advice on avg values in their present condition. I know you can't see them, but it's not like they're showroom condition. All of them are RWIPI condition. If anyone has a particular interest in any of them, please let me know. The old farm trucks around here don't bring much at the auctions, and I told her I research the best I could. I'm doing this to make sure noone else takes advantage of her, as a mechanic and an electrician have already done.

(1) late '50's GMC COE, single axle, no dump, manure bed, no driveline. Has a "350" below and center of grill. painted horrible orange w/white trim.

(1) '54 Chevy 2 ton w/tall wood bed. Looks like a 235L6, no dump, no corner windows, grill and front end in very good shape.

(1) early '50's Chevy 6400 5 window, no dump, wood bed, looks like a 235L6

(1) F**d, late '40's to early '50's 2 ton, rough condition, wood bed, no dump, has what looks like a "y" block v8.

I can usually pick up early '50's GMC's around here in various conditions for an average of $500. My best guesses on these others is $500 for the '54 Chevy, about $600 for the 5 window chevy, $200 for the F**d, but the COE I haven't a clue.

We would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Terry Wofford


Terry Wofford
'52 GMC 3 1/2 Ton
'51 GMC 2 1/2 Ton
'53 GMC 1 1/2 Ton
'53 Chevy 2Ton
"If it ain't broke, well give me the keys and I'll be right back!"