Comments.....having run a single bypass filter on my full pressure 235 engine using the 1/8 NPT lines with no restrictor, I noted a 5-7 psi pressure drop. To me, this drop in pressure, coupled with the fact that the by-pass system only filtered 10% (max) of the oil and dumped the filtered oil back into the unfiltered oil, negated any benefit from the filter setup. I would surmize that using a double filter setup would reduce additional oil pressure. Changing the oil more frequently was a simple trade-off to replacing oil starved bearings.

I may be mistaken, but I doubt that a 1945 Canadian Military Pattern truck is going to accumulate so many miles that economically, it would warrant using a dual filter system. When you look at the initial cost of adding a dual filter setup with fittings and lines and the cost of changing both filters, I think you would be easier on your engine and your wallet to bump up the frequency of your oil changes.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"