I had a Lex-Aire Turbine Spray System for many years. Painted two aircraft and two cars with it over the years, as well as latex house paint and other items. It was very versatile, but ---- it did fine with the urethanes and bc/cc's of the 1980's, but I could never get a decent spray with modern PPG products. After buying a large compressor to handle my sandblasting needs and other air tools, I bought the Finishline HVLP Starter Kit from Eastwood and have had great results. Sold the Lex-Aire! The real problem with the Turbine is the heat. You MUST use slower reducers or retarders, otherwise you'll end up with an orange-peel mess. As I said, it worked great with the Imron and PPG NCT systems in the mid-80's, which is when I bought my turbine, but I had no luck with enamels, bc/cc, or urethanes from 2001-2005 when I sold it. For my money, a good HVLP gun with adequate compressor and professional quality air/moisture separater are the better option, and should cost less money.

Originally Posted by Dave Giorgi
I have read in the EASTWOOD CO catalog they favor a turbine spray gun to compressed air as it has zero moisture,much less over spray and uses heated air. Any comments on this type of spraying as I am thinking to invest in one of these.