Greetings! Okay, here's my story so far. I just replaced the 216 in my '41 Chevy half ton pickup with a '59 235. I used the 216 bellhousing and have installed a new 9 inch clutch disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing. Didn't do anything with the pivot ball as it seemed to be okay. Today I went to hook up the clutch linkage (the J-hook bolt that connects the clutch fork arm to the pedal). I adjusted the nuts all the way up the J bolt, but the clutch pedal is near the floor and I'm getting very little movement on the fork. Everything seems to be hooked up right and in place. Have any of you guys had this problem? What's the solution? Is there anything else that I can adjust to get the needed clutch movement.

On the plus side, we fired up the 235 for the first time today. It sounded pretty good aside from the valve noise.

Thanks!
Charlie


Charlie

Rustzilla, '41 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup