Hi all,
I Just acquired 3 1941, 1/2 ton project trucks. One pretty complete and 2 parts trucks. The vin on the pink slip of the complete truck ends with the letters 'cal'.
I am guessing this is a replacement vin assigned by the State of CA DMV.? Dont know for sure. Does anyone have a similar vin with this format,, ie: ending in 'cal'. There is no vin tag/plate on the vehicle. Since I have the pink slip, I was planning on restamping an original vin plate from the Filling Station. Also I was told to look on the frame rail under the drivers side seat for the original vin. If I find it, then what?
Comments? Info welcomed..
Thanks..
John


1942 Chevy Firetruck project 1 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton -- Now gone
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket