My observations with Jasper in particular, went from engine sales down to the production plant floor supervisor and resulted in my conclusion that they "talk the talk" but didn't have any completed 216/235/261 engines, rebuildable cores and weren't that interested in my 235 business even if I were to ship it to them.

Most all of the commercial builders offer the same schmile....warranty, will give you a turn-around time, which from the retailer (NAPA, AutoZone, Advanced) sounds viable. The problem pops up when you try to get past the retail counter and verify that the remanufacturer can and will deliver.

Alright Dave, George, Cosmo, and Tim....I hope you don't think that one measily 261 is going to have me chomping too much......with 16,000 Stovebolters, there should be at least a couple folks that have ordered a rebuilt engine, paid their money and taken delivery of a "real" rebuilt Stovebolt. Believe it or not, this isn't an ego trip.....I just think the new guys who believe that they can buy a rebuilt engine, should be getting the straight skinny and some very specific information. Either way, it will be a win-win situation!

I await further input with my bottle of hot sauce in hand!!!!

Dave

Last edited by Fla54Chevy3100; 12/22/2007 12:15 AM.

Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"