| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 28 | Hello all, I have looked through the search engine for help with these question but have not found much help. I find this new set up on the board a little harder to manouver than the old but anyway here are question. I have a GM Master heater in my 1950 1/2 ton 5 window pickup. I realize that these heater are aftermarket or dealer installed options. I believe that this heater is what is referred to as a recirculating heater. It does not have any fresh air circulation it just recirulates the air in the cab. It has three doors on the front and a pipe that can move air to the defroster. I do not have the hoses or one of the plastic boots that connect the defroster to the appropriate place. Is this an older type of heater that was placed in a 1950 or is this appropriate for the year? I see some discussion about recirulating heaters that take outside air and warm it to heat the cab. I do not have a camera to send a picture presently. I have seen some pictures of heaters and I Know itis not this type. The fan works fine but there is little heat off the core. I will remove the thermostat in the spring and see if it is working properly or even if there is one in there. I could not get much heat built up in the engine when I had it running before I put it away in the fall. Could there be any other reason to not get adequate heat out of the heater? I have had to leave a little choke on while the engine is running or it stalls out. If its because the engine has not been run much over the last quite a few years and it needs a carb job done on it or if its because it does not warn up to operati ng temp is the question? Anyway I can put my mechanical skills on the head of a pin and I would appreciate any feedback I can get from the guru's or anyone who has had these experiences. This is a great place and I thank all who paricipate in giving their knowledge out to us novices. Many Thanks Dan V | | |
| |
| |