Howdy, I have a 46 1 1/2 ton, 12 ft. flat bed. The original tires are 7x20's. I've tried to put 8.25 on my original rebuilt front end and the tires will rub on the steering tie rods. I have 4, 10hole, 8.25x20's, hold air,some tread(20%,+/-), came off a school bus. I was also trying to run these on the rear and increase my top speed, but my bed is off an old ford, so the wheels hit in the wrong places, with heavier loads. So the best deal I got out here(oregon) was a set of military lug type(7.50x20...china,didn't know that after I "special" ordered them).The tire place where I used to go and let someone else do the tire beating, closed up shop a few yrs. back...SO, the last set of new tires I got, I replaced myself. The original truck owners manual has a description of this procedure(rim+lock ring type) and it works really well. The problem is how long the tire has been just sitting on the rim, rusting itself to the edge. The tire guys told me that that was the worst point for wear, and the lock ring will rust enough to actually break and/or the rim edge where the lock rim seats will also have rust wear so as not to lock effectively, as in may come off and then won't stay on. It took some real beating,soaking and hacksaw and chiseling..So, I blasted,wirebrushed, and painted my rims before I put new tires on...Be safe