Ok, 61 Apache with a 235..I think....straight six.
I can get the engine to turn from the 12:00 position to the 8:00 position, and then it encounters resistance...can't get it to turn a full revolution by hand.
Methinks there is a stuck valve or something...let me know what you folks think.
here is what I have done:
remove plugs, spray KROIL in each of the cylinders...wait three days, go and turn the cooling fan, and I get the above result...12 to 8 turning, but no full revolution.
Next, I removed the valve cover and sprayed Kroil all over the rocker gear and down the valve lifter tubes....still no go.
Lastly, I have poured Marvel Mystery oil all over the valve gear and down same lifter tubes.....that was this afternoon...I am going back in the morning.
SO, what do you folks think?
I want to get it to turn by hand before I try the starter...don't want to bend a valve in a perfectly good engine.
Also, where can I find all of my engine ID numbers? Cab ID numbers?
thanks
Kevin
very happy new daddy of a 61 Apache!