On my 54, it was a brass fitting that screwed into the lower 1/8" passage. Then the oil line screwed into that. Then the oil line connected to the upper 1/8" passage at the center of the block, under the pushrod cover. The brass fitting had a smaller hole in it, didnt realize it was a restriction till our original discussion. If I can find it I'll let you know.
The question is, how much oil can be removed from the pan before the pump sucks air? And how much oil can be pumped into the rocker cover/pushrod cover at one time?
My 235s have always shown lower oil pressure after freeway driving. Ive always thought it was oil viscosity and clearance changes due to oil temp. Remember, the gauge shows water temp, not oil temps.
My motor is getting too much oil to the head, but I don't know what to do about it. I'm wondering if its contributing to my high oil burning.
How do I slow down the flow of oil to the head- '60 block, solid lifters, '54 head, '60 valvetrain, pinched rocker tube. 40 PSI running down road, 27-32 PSI at idle hot.
chip