| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 90 | I don't know if I'm supposed to ask about vans here but, y'all are so darned knowledgeable that I thought I'd take the chance.
In what order should I check things?
1969 Chevy Van. 250 engine, I think.
It has a new fuel pump, new starter and a clean working carb.
It starts as in fires up but it does not continue to run.
What should I begin checking? Compression? Pull the plugs and see if they're toast? Why would it start but not continue to run? Clogged fuel filter? Lines?
I need to formulate a basic run down and for some reason today my brain is on the non functioning side of the spectrum.
Thanks in advance. | | |
| |
| |