Finally have gotten my 56 running enough for a test drive. It has a 79 Camaro frontend grafted on it with PS, PDB, Fresh Professionally rebuilt 350 SBC with Comp Cams 280H cam, Headers, Camaro 3.79 rearend, 95 Suburban seats,New Southern Air A/C, Tilt Column from 76 Chevy Pickup, new driveshaft, battery, MSD HEI Distributor, alternator, etc. etc. ad nauseum!! Still looks rough on the outside, and I am not happy with the idle (may be the 85 Quadrajet that is on it right now. Brakes need some work, but all in all, minor issues. Problem is, I did not realize how low this truck sits. I have built this to be an everyday work truck that I could also use on the farm. I did not do the frontend graft. Bought it already done. So now I'm wondering how I can increase the ground clearance without major rework. I'm getting to the point where I am thinking maybe I should just sell this one and get a 60's or early 70's Chevy that is closer to stock ride height. Opinions? Anyone want to trade? I am at that point!
Last edited by Clint Lovell; 11/03/2007 9:29 PM.