Oh and I forgot to respond to questions about time and expertise.

I have time. I'm lucky to only have to work about 25-30 hours and week. I have less expertise. I've only done basic auto repair in the past, nothing like this. But I bought this truck specifically as a challenge to myself, so that I could learn more. I'm so interested in learning more that in my spare time I've signed up for classes at my local community college and will become an ASE certified mechanic. I have no desire to work as a mechanic. It's just for my own pleasure.

For me, I view this truck as a classroom. I want to learn as much as I can, but I also don't want to overwhelm myself, get frustrated, and abandon it. So that's why I've got to strike the right balance of what to do myself and what to give over to the pros.

Thanks for all of your good advice.

Last edited by 66bowtie; 10/31/2007 3:52 PM.

1966 C10 Fleet

webshots