I purchased all new angles strips and crossills and installation parts from Mar-k. got red oak wood from a sawmill in Wisconson and cut it to proper size. All went together well. My question is this. When bolting to the bed to the frame the origanl method was to drill eight counter sunk holes through the bed wood and install the offset washes and bolts thruogh the bedwood throught the crossill and into the frame, I have seen beds that did not do this and instead counter sunk a hole that did not penitrate the board on the bottom side and then installed the bolt under the board throught the crossill only and into the frame. Have any of you done this and is there any draw backs to be aware of ? is the bed less sturdy if mounted in this way ? My old wood rotted away at these mounting points so I would like to eliminate the holes through the boards.

Thanks