FYI - I just pulled my 51 3100 AD 216 flywheel and clutch and there is a small X stamped on the flywheel and there is a small X stamped on the pressure plate housing...The clutch, at least the clutch plate is remanufactured and there is no way I can get the two X's to line up fooling with it on the bench... it must have meant something back in 1951 but it doesn't seem to matter now...I would like to replace with a new clutch from one of the name brand clutch manufacturers rather than a rebuild from one of the popular truck parts suppliers we all know about. Various manufacturer's websites offer clutches going back to early GM 265 V-8's, 9", 1-1/8" X 10 spline which describes my old clutch... would these clutches fit the 216 flywheel? Thanks for any help on this, Regards - Bug!


1951 Chevrolet 3100 AD Pickup