I am using a Holley / Weber 5200 mounted sideways on one of Langdons adapters. Mounting it sideways with the linkage toward the valve cover made the linkage set up brain-dead-simple. If you set one on that way you'll see what I mean.

I made an air cleaner out of the stock filter and two circa 1980 hubcaps. It turned out really nice. You just trim some of the depth away from each one and drill a hole in the center of the one you want to use for the top, and cut your oval shaped hole in the bottom piece. Take some pieces of 1/4 by 1" flat bar and some 1/4 x 20 x 3" bolts and make a bracket.

At present it has a 132 primary jet and a 140 on the secondary. I have better low end and top end performance as well as a small improvement in mpg. It bogs a little if you jump on it hard at very low speed, but other than that it works great. I have not tried to really fine tune it, because I am gettin ready to rebuild this engine. I may do some mods to eliminate the adapter when I do my rebuild.

I really think that on a stock - mild inline 250 or smaller the Holley/Weber is a very good choice.

cool Bob cool