Quote
Originally posted by oldchevy46:
you can still almost build more tourq cheeper than A big block chevy
You can buy big block Chevys for under $1,000 if you shop a bit. Actually I have two that have cost me far less than that total. One of them came in a usable truck.

While I can understand the appeal of a diesel for some applications, I bet you're going to have to drive it a lot while carrying/pulling a heavy load before a used diesel vs. used big block comparison is going to favor the diesel economically.

I don't know what those motors cost new, but I suspect its far more than a truck type crate big block.

Run a diesel if you like, but I'm convinced most guys are kidding themselves if they think they will save money doing so.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...