| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,208 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#31369 05/25/2004 12:01 AM | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 129 | From the category of "It ran when I parked it".
I bought a 1970 GMC from a small isolated northern community with a great body. I has spent its life without seeing salt. The rocker panels are solid.
The previous owner claims that it was running when he parked. The clutch linkage is broken, so that makes belive his story.
Well it hasn't run in 5 - 8 years and the engine is seized.
Last fall I put some diesel fuel in each cylinder and now I plan to fill each cylinder with penetrating oil and letting that soak in.
Any other suggestions with tearing the engine apart?
My main question is where should I be attempting to gain leverage to turn this engine over? I haven't figured out a way to get a solid grab on the front of the crank to attempt tp turn the engine over. The truck has a 4 speed manual transmission, so I am trying to turn the engine over by twisting on the drive shaft with a pipe wrench. Any better suggestions? What gear should I be in? I figured my best mechanical advantage would be in reverse.
Oh yeah, the truck has a 350. | | |
| |
| |