| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#31307 06/12/2002 11:32 PM | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 2 | I have finally found a great '52 5 window 3100 to restore. I am being advised locally to get rid of the 216 and swap it for a larger, more reliable 235. I have also been told to get rid of the enclosed drive shaft - and to get a new rear diff with gears that are higher than the stock 4.11. My questions are: 1) will these changes devalue my truck?, 2) If I swap out to a 235 - what years will match up to the old 52, and 3) can I keep my enclosed drive shaft - and rear-end - and put in a different rear-end ratio such as 3.55s? Thanks for any advice that you can give! :confused: | | |
| |
| |