| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,534 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#31172 12/05/2003 11:53 PM | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 6 | When I bought my 52 Chevy a couple of months ago the guy told me the engine (235) had been rebuilt and that he had run it a couple of times. He was in the process of replacing all of the ancient wiring when I bought it so I never heard the engine run. From the outward appearance of the engine I tend to believe him but I don't really know what I have :confused: . I am currently in the process of taking the body off so I can powder coat the frame. It may be a long time before I have everything back together to the point that I can start the engine. I'm doing the frame off and I need to purchase a lot of stuff to get it back whole again. My question is, what to do about the engine? Should I turn it over a few times by hand to keep stuff lubricated? Should I do something to "preserve" the engine while it is sitting? I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks! | | |
| |
| |