My 51 half ton was converted to an automatic by one of the previous owners. Someone not familiar with these trucks would think it was original. It still has the torque tube drive, but 5 bolt hubs at the rear and front. From what I've read on this site, I am pretty sure the engine is a 235. I'm not sure what automatic is in it, but it's dipstick is located right below the starter and has a hexagon shape top. It has a column shift, which really looks like it belongs there, with a P....N D L R shft pattern, which seems like it fits the period. The transmission oil cooler is an odd flat do-dad that has coolant line plumbed to it. Kinda neat. My guess was that the setup must have come from a car and was installed by someone a lot smarter than me. I have digital photos of some detail, but have never taken the time to figure out how to post them.