| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,487 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30079 10/31/2002 8:05 PM | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 428 | I'm ready to put the head on my 51 216 and have 3 different types of head gaskets and was wondering what would be the best to use. I have a copper one with a fiber core,a steel one with a fiber core, and just a fiber one with the steel rings around the pistons and water jackets. Anyone offer any opinions or suggestions? Also while I've got your attention, I've done plenty of valve lash settings on a hot engine,but what should the valves be set at on initial startup of a fresh motor? New stock solid cam and lifters. Should they be set a little looser than the usual hot settings?Thanks, Bob | | |
| |
| |