| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30008 04/24/2005 11:45 PM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | I'm choosing the spin-on oil filter that I'll use with my Moroso remote adapter on my full-flow 261. I chose the adapter that takes the Chevy filters for V8s.
Since the filter will be closed end down, is there any need to get an anti-drain back type? Is syphoning a problem? A Fram PH13 (or equivalent) seems OK.
There are 2 quart filters available but are these only the racing variety? I wouldn't mind a larger filtering surface to help with oil pressure on cold, cold winter mornings.
Thanks!! 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |