| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,515 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#26803 12/16/2002 11:04 PM | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 9 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 9 | Thanks shop shark,I've been thinking about whether the plate type adapter would be rigid enough.The mounting bolts of the front mount come down just behind the cross member and just above where the crossmember curls back and finishes off.I also thought about a heavy piece of angle welded across the frame but I'm not sure yet.I don't know that I want to remove the cross member from the gmc or from the chevy parts truck to solve this problem.because I may want to sell the chevy frame and or put the 228 back in the jimmie some day.never the less I see your point of the mount being nice and solid and level with rear mounts.thanks and I'll let you know how it works out.
bob black
| | |
| |
| |