The advantage of the CPP kit is that it is complete! I mean you don't have to chase around trying to find the banjo bolts you need for the new hoses (included), or to drill and tap your rotors (CPP=pre-tapped.) Doing two projects at once, with two different kits, has been an advantage at least in locating the needed parts for the bare bones Buffalo kit.
The advantage of Buffalo's kit is that you MAY be able to save by scrounging the rotors and calipers from a wrecking yard or swap meet. But try finding the banjo bolts! Actually, there is a learning curve, and I'll probably use his kit for other trucks now that I've been through the drill. His spacer plates and brackets fit up without any issues. The CPP spacer plates had to be reamed on the id to fit the bare stock, cleaned hubs.
The calipers provided with the CPP kit have more bulky castings, and were ground down for clearance. The ones I bought from Carquest for Buffalo's kit have smaller castings and do not have the clearance issues.
He recommends using '71-'84 Chev 1/2 ton 4x4 rotors and either '77-'78 Chev 4x4 or '71-'76 Chev Impala calipers. I used the 4x4 stuff to stay all truck.
Don't forget you will also need the roller bearing kit. I posted the bearing #'s here in another thread. grin