I was talking to an old gent today who's been into cars since owning a Frontanec-converted Model T. He's owned a bunch of high-hp Corvettes, a '69 SS396 Chevelle, a '70 LS6, and a Buick Grand National, among others.
He's only messed with Chevy's, and had a '62 truck that he dropped a factory 327 crate motor and Muncie into back in the mid-'60s.
We were looking at his old LS6 with the current owner. Old dude is 84, and new owner is 50. (Old dude ordered the car new in '70, when he was 50!)
Both of them said they had never seen a '62 Suburban, and didn't even know GM offered them that far back.
Since I've had the truck (about 5 weeks) I hear that a lot from people.
So, how many of these critters did they make? ('62 Suburbans...not LS6 Chevelles!)
-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.