Sunday I had to take the daughter back to her place after church, so I got back a little later than usual. The boy (14) said some guys had been out there looking at my panel. I don't mind that unless they start opening the hood or doors, but he said they just peeked through the windows. (It was parked on the street.)
Later on we were out doing some yard work and I sent the boy to get something out of the panel. While he had the back doors open the three guys showed back up. He sent them to me and we talked. It seems one of them thinks that my ton dually '47 panel, all street rodded out would be just the image he wants to project when he pulls into a customer's driveway for his interior decorating business. He was talking tube frame, and the whole 9 yards. I told him he was talking $30 grand. He seemed to think that I might be right, but thought he could call in a few favors to cut that down some. Anyway, I shot him a price that he would be a fool to take, and I would be a fool to pass up.
I hope I scared him off. I don't want to go back to square one looking for a truck.