Hi All,
I had my 4 speed in my 1948 Chev 1/2T rebuilt over 5000 miles ago, and today driving home from work I put in the clutch to down-shift into third, and I could not get the trans to shift out of 4th. When trying to move the lever, I got a "synchro" noise that you would normally get down-shifting, but I could not get it to come out of 4th gear. I limped it home in fourth with a little clutch slipping action. It now sits in the driveway awaiting me to investigate.
Are there any other ideas before I tear the interior out, and pull the floor pan and trans top to investigate?
Thanks in advance, Garry K


Garry K in Pac Nor West
1948 Chevy PU 235 SM420 4 spd
1932 **** B pu
1964 Datsun 4x4 with SBC, SM465 4spd and Rockwell xfer Dana 44Fr and 12 Bolt Rr.