Quote
Originally posted by rustednuts:
Im still using the single master and all drums on my 53 and she stops perfect. I see no reason to upgrade. A power booster isnt going to make you stop better, just with less effort on your feet. The key is to have all your brakes adjusted properly. From my experience even with crappy brakes, tires make all the difference in stopping power as your relying on the friction between the tires and the road to ultimately stop you.

Jeff
I agree 100%.
Got drum brakes and single master cylinder on my daily 1/2tonner for 12 years now and never felt the need for easier breaking.
I was surprised sometimes when I had to slam the brakes that you can even lock all the wheels at higher speeds.

When I replaced the original master cylinder many years ago, I ended up with one from a 1-1/2 ton truck.
Fits on the same mount, but uses a larger diameter reservoir and piston and has a bit more pressure than the stock 1/2 ton.


On the road every day...
1952 Truck - 235
1948 Coupe - 261