Well all, after a little over 7 years of restoration work, my '53 successfully fired up this week. It was truely a rewarding experience for me. The truck is virtually a complete rebuild. I bought a 235 block out of a '61 Biscayne at a junk yard, had it boiled and a new cam put in. The had new valves, springs and seals put in the head and the cylinders were honed. Aside from that, I did all of the work myself and that's the rewarding part. I painted it burgundy maroon with black fenders, new yellow pine bedwood, new bumpers front and rear, complete tear down to the frame except for the cab. I painted the cab interior the original color, reupholstered the seats myself, put in all new weatherstripping and windows, painted the frame, all new brake lines, wheel cylinders, and brakes; complete rewire to 12-volt, and painted every nut and bolt. I used the original clutch-head screws where I could. All new tranny seals, complete drive-line rebuild. All of this I did myself -- well not quite. I did it with the help of many of you out there on this truely fantastic web site. If you could go back and look at the number of posts I've put on here over the past 7 years, you would know just how much help you've been. So when I say "I" did this, it's a "we" thing. But aside from what I mentioned about the engine work, the only time I had a mechanic involved was when we started the engine. Thanks to all who have helped over the years and I still have a few things to do like finish the door glass. I'll still be here checking on you all and posting questions from time to time, but for those who are working on a project and get frustrated from time to time, hang in there. In the end, you will be glad you did.