Hey there everyone
I've been away from the 'bolt for a few weeks..."real life" very rudely intruded. I hate it when that happens.
I got my rear brakes fixed up, and driving is so much more fun now....well, it was fun before in the way a roller coaster is fun..."AIIEEEE! I MIGHT DIE!!!"
Anyhow, I have been driving my wonderful truck (53 1/2 ton) to work for a few days (it's only 4 miles, so no biggie). I come home yesterday and park in the drive like normal...the whole way home brakes work just fine. BUT when I come out to start it this morning my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor! Confused, I pull out my wrench and check the master cyl...and it's almost EMPTY. I figure one of the front cylinders must have gone out. So I go looking at the tires and under the car and find NO fluid on the ground!
WTF?
Um...where could that brake fluid be? I have the 'dog bowl' hubcaps, could it have somehow spilled out into there?
And of course i'm PO'ed because I bet I have air in the lines now. Sonofa...
Any ideas? I just ordered front cylinders and shoes will probably need to head back to the shop. It's fine though, because I love this truck so much it's starting to alarm me.