| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,403 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22953 06/21/2002 5:54 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 4 | Mark, I made this swap just recently. My advise is to keep the original rear end and change the ring & pinion. In my swap I used a 79 camaro rear with a full syncro 3 speed saginaw. The 3 on the tree linkage was a real BEAR. I took me a long time to fabricate the linkage using some parts from a MR. Gasket 3-speed stick shift linkage. It works but the shifter sometimes sticks. And the throw is shorter for reverse & first than second and third. If I had to do it again I would just swap the ring & pinion. I could send you some pictures of the fabricated linkage. It might help you to make up your mind about which way you want to go.
The truth will set all men free.
| | |
| |
| |