Talking about being blind... just the other day we were examining the latest cab work and my friend asked me what that rubber titted looking thing was in the driver's side "defrost" vent outlet on the dash. Well.... Heck, I don't know let's take a closer look. It turned out to be one of those water pick-up attachments for a wet-dry Vacuum. The previous owner had mounted this piece under the dash and I guess it worked fine.

Does anyone know what the original outlet interface from the discharge hose to the dash outlet looks like? Is there such a thing available somewhere? I'll post a pic of this funny finding in the next few days or so.

I did a search of the 'Bolt and found that someone else had found the same non-NOS type part installed in their truck.

Thanks,

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.