| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,080 Posts1,056,314 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22835 08/19/2002 6:19 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Josiah's advice is good.
My dual Offy came with fuel and linkage kits. These were made for Carter carbs not Rochester carbs but I got over that. One set included a plug for one of the carbs' vacuum "outlet". I plugged the outlet in the carb nearer the firewall and connected the vacuum advance line to the carb nearer the radiator. It works fine.
I do not know what is correct but I have only one carb choked (the one nearer the firewall) and I have no problems starting the engine. This was convenient for connecting the original choke cable.
The throttle cable is connected to the accelerator linkage rod (similar to how it is connected in a one-carb, stock setup). This resulted in not as smooth a movement as in the stock setup but it works OK.
Tim | | |
| |
| |