This is a duplicate of the post I put on the Paint and Body Shop board but I thought more of you all hang out here and I need all the help I can get!
Been working on stripping my 46 deco down to the bare bones to get it ready to repair/repaint and while I knew the windshield header panel was bad I didn't know how bad. I thought it was just the panel above the windshield that covers the wiper motors. I was wrong. Mice or rats at some point had completly filled this area with a huge nest.
The result of this was that the header and windshield hinges are gone! I think I can save the actual roof panel and the sheet metal cover over the wiper motors will be easy enough to fabricate but that header and the windshield hinges and pockets could cause this project to stall out for quite some time.
I need help. My thoughts are to either find a source for these parts re-popped or find a cab which is beyond repair but still has a good roof and cut mine off and put the better one on.
Anyone know if these parts are available?
Anyone have a junk cab with a good roof?
Any help greatly appreciated.