I used the purple "industrial De-greaser" from Home Depot. It's supposidly "bio-degradeable' but you know how that is. It says to dilute it but, more is better...right? I used a siphon feed sand blaster gun (also from HD) and put the siphon hose in the gallon jug of de greaser and spray away!. Be careful! it will remove paint at full strength but does a heck of a job on the 40 year oil/dirt accumulation on the frame , trans, etc.
Keep the siphon gun only for that since it gumms up the nozzle and the sand will stick to it if used for blasting. (ask me how I know!!)
It's probably best to make a dilution of the stuff since you're spraying it and in a wind it could travel a ways.But boy the stuff worked well. Rinse it off and go back on the stuborn spots,with the wire brush, or if you're me, a second application.
Cut my time way down and was pretty cheap which is important to a dumb cowboy!
John