Is the bed suppose to slope forward on 3100 series? So many trucks have rotted out front bed panels because of this, but I can't see why it would be designed this way. If I wanted to raise the front end a little I see the problem of the fenders being bolted to the running boards so when you raise everything the running boards will come up as well. Has anyone found a way to resolve this or should I just accept the slope and move on?

I'm finally (after 15 years) going to get my truck painted and need to address a few body issues such as this.

On a lighter subject, I've been away from the Stovebolt for almost 2 years because I've been restoring my daughter's 65 Mustang. Now it's in the body shop getting it's paint job and then I'm done. Now I get to devote some time with my truck. Haven't really worked on it for the two years because it has never given me any problems. It's my daily driver hauling dirt and old Mustang parts, etc.

Craig


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.