I am back in the game financially to work on my truck again. I have always held to the idea of staying true to era when the truck was used and keeping it original. Well I had a bit of an epiphany over the past couple of weeks. I could 'supe' it up a little and it could still be original, just sportier.

If I was a kid back in the late 50's and I had my 1st ed. 55, 5 window, 3/4 ton, 270 GMC, I would want to make it fast and cool. I have read that the old GMC inlines were used for race engines back in that day and I am concidering rebuilding this engine to get a little more performance than the original farm truck was designed for.

Am I just pipe dreaming or could I turn this into a 50's retro racer usind only the parts and pieces that were available in that day? I imagine this would be a real head turner at the local shows. No-one ever has the old GMC's let alone a beefed up original.

What do all you Shop sharks and Gear heads think?

My 55 1st ed.


Whats down in the well comes up in the bucket, so watch who's KoolAid you drink.