I have not done anything further on this linkage problem yet, since I last posted. I have actually been using my woodshop as it was originally designed for and built a couple of cabinents for my buddies garage in trade for a couple of brand new Craiger wheels for my 71 LeMans project. Hopefully I will be able to get back on this project over this weekend. I have so many things to be done on my 54 GMC restoration project that I never know exactly what I will be working on when I head out to the shop. I am also in the process of rebuilding my generator and starter and I have many front end parts being painted at this time. When these get completed I have the Trany, Steering box, and many more parts waiting to be stripped, primed and painted. I am hoping to get my truck back together and on the road this summer, but there is much to do yet. I will feel alot better once I start putting things back on the truck and stop taking things off. When I first got this truck 1-1/2 years ago, I thought I would just clean up the engine bay and put some new gaskets/paint on the engine, but before I knew it I had the engine out to be rebuilt, entire front clip removed, cab gutted and I am now considering removing the cab from the frame as well. It's funny how these projects seem to get bigger and bigger, but when I get back on the road I will have the satisfaction of knowing that it done right and I will then feel comfortable taking it on some long road trips as well.


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport