This is just FYI. After hunting for quite a while I found a hitch for my 1954 half ton. I checked on line with Reese, Hidden Hitch, Eaz Lift, U-Haul, Coleman and others with no luck. Then I found a Reese multi-fit at Auto Zone that I measured in the store and it looked like it would work. The thing comes with several bracket choices in the box and a bunch of spacers, bolts, and etc. I have about ten pounds of stuff I didn't use. It's a Class II which is probably more than I need. I mounted it to the frame and it sets behind the bumper aginst the bottom of the bracket for the plate light. It's between the spare tire and the bulb. I did have to drill half-inch holes in the frame. It's Reese 88001 and cost $125. Towed a six foot brush hog in the utility trailer and it worked fine. Just in case you're ever looking for a receiver hitch.
Rich