Originally posted by FredB:
That's $400 on top of the $400 for the gears and $375 or whatever for the installation kit. Patrick seems like a great guy, and I'd do it if I was in Arizona, but there's no way that shipping it both ways makes sense to me...I'll end up with over $1200 in the rear end alone!!! Still need to buy the bed, finish the wood, assemble everything, etc. Way over budget, as usual.
Fred, the solution is simple, go to Patrick's and have them do it for you, while-u-wait. That's what we did, picked up our eBay bought Suburban in Chicago and followed Route 66 to Phoenix and then a short detour south to Casa Grande. We had a wonderful time and got lots of friendly thumbs up all along the way. The trip home will be that much better once you can comfortably better 50mph.
-John