I"m heading to the junkyard today to find just a seat back that is thinner than the stock one to move my seat back a little. A couple of inches is all I really want.
What I plan to do is look for something with less depth, the same height and same width, door to door, or something that is wider. If it is wider, I can cut out an inch of the metal seat frame and weld it back together.
I plan on pulling the upholstery and welding the upper and lower mount tabs from the original seat to the new seat back and then covering it with the same material the bottom of the seat is covered with.
This way I keep the stock look and only people familiar with the truck might notice that the seat back is thinner.
I've also been playing with the idea of moving my steering box an inch or two forward on the frame, which would move the settering wheel a bit closer to the dash. Havn't made up my mind on that one yet though since I'm also planning on switching to rack and pinion steering once I figure out how.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
|