Does your Edelbrock have any sort of markings on it? Usually a 235 Edelbrock will have "PG" cast into the center runner.

Another difference that I have noticed between 216 and 235 Edelbrock intakes is that 216 Edelbrocks have an additional vacuum port located on the rear runner. Below is a link a picture of the 235 intake on my truck.

http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/arnett_jon_1950.htm

Sorry for the blurry picture. I doubt you can see "PG" I was talking about. Nonetheless, you can see that the vacuum port is in the same location as a stock intake. A 216 Edelbrock has a second port located on the rear runner. Below is a link to a 216 Edelbrock showing the additional port on the runner nearest the firewall.

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blurry0yb.png

I think this was the intake you were interested in purchasing from someone from this forum. If you did buy it and this is the intake you are comparing the Tattersfield to, I believe we may have found the answer. Both of your intakes were originally designed for a 216 and it sounds like both of them had their ports machined to fit a 235 head.

P.S. I am not sure that "runner" is the actual name for the three tubes that mate up to the ports on the head. I wasn't sure how else to describe them. I hope I am not adding to the confusion.

Jon