The structure of the number on the title ALCCxxxx is correct for a 1953 engine. The L is the letter for 1953 tho by then GM was not using it in the truck body serial # they were using the actual year (53). The L on the door plate number is for the series (3800). So yes the vin on the title is probably the original engine number used to first title the truck. I would make a case for that. Gather some documentation, like a Chevy Resto-Pack that has engine serial nos. and show that the title vin is (most likely)the original engine no. Request a corrected title/VIN with the body serial number. I had this in 99 when I bought a 1950 truck out of Missouri and took to KY. The sellers title had the original engine number not the body number, and the engine had been swapped. He wrote an affidavit stating that the swap happened before he bought it. After a State Police inspection I was good to go. I hope this works out!


Professional Novice