Joe,

You are right. I am thinking of having 16 inch artillery wheels widened at Stockton Wheel. The resulting wheel will also be 16 inch. I was hoping to make 15 inch wheels from these rims but the centers are too big at 13.5 inches. This does limit my choices a bit in tires, but I thought I would ask to see what people are running. I am thinking of having the rear wheels widened to 16 X 8, but that might be too wide if if I can only get a 235 tire in there comfortably.

A one inch difference between the front spacing and back spacing (wider in the back spacing) should center the wheel between the fender and bed side. Then I think what ever tire within reason will fit in there.

Any one disagree with that. I'm all ears.

Dennis,

A 255 is almost 10 inches wide isn't it?


Bill Schickling

1940 1/2 ton, 1940 3/4 ton
My web page