Man, the longest I ever rode in a AD style truck is when I drove the '50 2 ton home from Wyoming.. about 30 minutes into the drive my lower back was killing me.
Stock seats I don't think were meant for long distance travel.. and there's something to consider when you swap original seats out for newer designs.
Part of the "shock absorbtion" system in those old trucks WAS the seat.. those big springs and cotton patting.. whereas newer vehicles have IFS, springs, gas shocks, all that jazz.
At the moment, I have a single bench seat I use in my '46 till I either get the original frames re-covered, or find sutable replacement seats.. and while I think the Toyota bench seat is more comfortable to sit in.. the ride sure is alot harder.. think air shocks all the way around fully pumped up in a newer vehicle.. thats the best way I can describe it.