Well, It's hard to believe it's been over eight months since I got my old beat up truck. smile Thought I might start a log of my progress. I should have done this from day one. Well, here's catching up...

5/17/05-Been looking for a year or so. Then got more aggressive searching here on the bolt .

6/6/05-Purchased for just over $500 (on ebay).

6/7/05-Removed front bumper hitch so the truck would fit in the garage. Now I have 1.5" to spare. grin

6/27/05-Removed the heater box diverter & bent it back to almost original shape. It is now functional. Need to reinstall it.

6/28/05-Fixed 1 corroded tail light. Also removed the steering wheel to find the problem with the turn signal not working. Need to order that part.

7/2/05-Removed the floor mat & trans. access cover in prep. for trans work.

7/?/05-Spent a couple of weeks figuring out how to unstick the clutch. Removing the bellhousing cover and a slight tap with a wooden stick & hammer did the trick. Thanks to help from you all

7/?/05-Replaced upper/lower Radiator hoses. Cleaned & painted the bellhousing cover RED and reinstalled.

7/?/05-Got some 1966 plates & installed them on the old beast.

7/14/05- Rebuilt the carburetor . I did not put new bushings in the butteryfly. I may need to do this later.

8/2/05-Opened up the trans inspection plate on the left to (you guessed it) inspect it. Trying to find out what is causing the noise I hear that begins at about 40mph. Could not find problem. Cleaned up plate and painted before reinstallation.

8/13/05-Helped ndnchf remove his engine from his 40. Nice to help out a new friend.

10/16/05-Helped ndnchf install his 235 back in his truck. Another good learning experience.

~11/8/05-Removed the battery holder, replaced battery & 1 battery cable. I eventually need to reinstall the holder.

~12/15/05-Installed a battery cutout switch.

12/25/05-Old trucks all seem to have a name so I named 'it'. Mine's not a he or a she, just an 'it'. I named it "Ole Booger".

~1/10/06-Installed the only Christmas present I really wanted... An Aooogah horn. I got a new seat slipcover too. I'll install that later.

1/26/06-Had the old dry-rotted tires unmounted from the wheels and bead blasted the 4 rims. Found out that three were newer (different) 6" wide, and one was apparently an original 5.5" wide. Now looking for a spare wheel.

1/30/06-Prepped & painted the 4 wheels I have. I used Rustoleum glossy white.

2/3/06-Bead blasted the battery holder.

2/6/06-Had the new (used, but new to me) tires mounted & balanced. I installed them and they look great. Noticed a cracked brake hub when installing them back on the truck. That becomes a high priority. The paint job is not perfect, but at this point, they look better than ANYTHING ELSE on the truck. Makes a BIG difference. grin Driving in style now!

2/19/06-Wired up the Aooogah horn. Now I can be obnoxious whilest driving around the neighborhood.

4/~15/06-Been having problems with fuel starvation after 5 mi of travel. Letting it rest fixes the problem. Thought it might be the fuel pump, but a mate suggested tank vacuum. I replaced the gas cap with a rag & drove it 10 mi without a prob. That seemed to work so I got brave and drove it to work. Well, the problem still exists, had to stop & rest every 5mi. Grrrr!

4/~30/06-The Choke Cable housing came loose from the shaft so I'll have to pick up one of those.

5/17/06-Pikced up a fuel pump. Will install this weekend. Checked on choke cable, generic ones have molded knob (searching for alternatives).

5/21/06-Installed new Fuel Pump

5/25/06-Took trash to the dump. Well, the fuel problem STILL exists. Drive 5 mi, stop & let Ole Booger rest 10 minutes. Looks like it's tank removal time.

5/31/06- The Great Mouse Caper . Four dead and counting. Read it for yourself.


Hope this is not too boring for you guys. Well, that's what the Delete key & Back button is for, right?


66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding)
I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there