NOTHIN' ever comes for free. But I spent 14 hours solid on my 42 Chevy truck resto and accomplished getting all the running hardware onto the frame including springs, axles, steering gear, shockies,
brakes, intermediate torgue shaft, front bumper and red zinc primered the whole deal.
Found a few bits I'm gonna have to replace from the "Chevy Farm" come Tuesday.
But geeeeeeez, it looks like a BIG truck.
The top of my head comes up to the top of the hood. (I could be shrinking).
BUT, twirling that steering wheel I rescued from a totally dead '42 sedan, found I have three quarters of a turn of the wheel to move from port to starboard or for you landlubbers from left to right direction.
Is there a little something I should be tweaking in the steering box. Is there a kit for it?
The linkages seem OK, the main problem seems to be in the steering box itself.
Maybe I should weld something after removing a couple of teeth to make it move faster from point A to B. (In the steering box).
I have all of my own teeth.
From wondering Apprentice Stovebolter downunder...I haven't finished yet, there's sure to be something else next week.
I have to add that I could only give such undisturbed attention to this old girl because I cut the grass around the house and turned it into a lawn. I guess I'll have to keep doing that.
Riceburners driving past the house now toot their horns, I don't know if they're happy or what.. I don't know who the hell these people are, maybe they're wannabee stovebolters, or folks who are just pleased to see the end of a '42 frame knee-high in a field of grass dressed only in a radiator support and a left side fender bracket.
Its kinda political ain't it?
Amazing! - Wherever you go, you find that you're already there...@@
"After you skin yer knuckles, Mr Shifter ain't yer friend any more."
1942 Chevy 3/4 tonIn the Stovebolt GalleryPhoto Site1946 Chevy 5 window coupe/ute (new stray)
2000 Nissan Patrol 4x4 4.5l turbo diesel