Xram53 beat me to it!

It had dullies, so my guess was going to be that it was bigger than a 'pickup'.. but you know, the older big bolt trucks sure don't LOOK all that big.

I'll bet if a fellow were to drop a '41 thru 46 era bed on the back, and swap out the rear axl, most folks wouldn't be able to tell it wasnt a pickup.

If the cat had have had a title, I might have seriously thought about the $500.. but his story is the folks he bought it from were supposed to get him a title and never did.. and now they're out of the country.

On a quasi-related note.. I found the guy who bought the '42 1/2 ton I 'spotted' a week or so ago.. the wife was in a rare mood, and wanted to go 'stovebolt spotting' with me yesterday afternoon.

As we were driving past a small garage that always has old trucks sitting out front (i always assumed he was a collector like me, so never bothered to stop) I saw that truck in his 'collection'.

He was a pretty nice guy, and we swapped whats left of my '39 cab for four nice rims and tires. He sold me a fan for $5 that I needed, and the torque tube u-joint out of a '39 or '40 1/2 ton that I was hoping would have fit my '46... but it didnt. frown


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.