I yust checked (you never now)the new reground cam I got today for my 261.
First i noticed differences on the surface of lobe #2 and #10.
It looks like they are not phosphate treated.
Then I saw that they have a totally different grind. They are much taller than
the rest.
Lobe #2 and #11 are 1.625 inch while the rest is 1.544 inch!
It looks to me like that they added some material on those two lobes and than
forgot to regrind and treat them.
AAARGH! :mad: Things like this (bad quality management, lousy end controll) seems to happen more frequently in the last 2 years.
Somehow I have the feeling, that by doing everything for the shareholder (wich often means firing employes) they forget do do something for the customer.
In this case the small company that did the cam and the other one that sold it to me (it`s hard to resist vendor bashing here) are not on the stock market of course but I`m just tired with every package I recive I have to do phone calls, send mails and deflective or wrong parts back and forth and have a big time to finaly get what I paid for.
Living in Germany makes it even harder with all those parts from the US, horrible shipping prices ,impot taxes and more.
All that almost doubles the price for every part you buy.
Sorry but I had to relife some steam. :rolleyes: